Brägele (Fried potatoes).
You can have Brägele (Fried potatoes) using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brägele (Fried potatoes)
- Prepare 7 large of potatoes.
- You need 1/2 medium of sized onion.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
Brägele (Fried potatoes) step by step
- The fried potatoes (fried potatoes) can be cooked from raw potatoes as well as with boiled potatoes. The boiled potatoes can thereby be cut into slightly thicker slices..
- Preparation with raw potatoes (classic) : For the Brägele/Bratkartoffeln (= fried potatoes) wash, peel and cut waxy potatoes into thin slices. Peel and finely dice an onion..
- Heat little olive oil with some butter in a heavy skillet (preferably cast iron), add the potato slices and fry until golden brown for about 15-20 minutes, turning frequently..
- Just before the potatoes are cooked, add salt , diced onion and sauté (not too hot, otherwise the onions will become black and bitter.).
- If you like you can also add some diced bacon..
- Sprinkle to taste with fresh, chopped herbs , such as parsley or chives..