Ox Tail Soup. Oxtail soup is made with beef tails. The use of the word "ox" in this context is a legacy of nomenclature; no specialized stock of beef animals are used and tails may come from bovines other than oxen. Hawaiian oxtail soup with oxtails, slowly cooked to produce their own broth, with ginger, anise, orange peel, peanuts, chili, mustard greens, onions, and cilantro.
Today's recipe is for Korean style oxtail soup (called sokkoritang: 소꼬리탕 in Korean)! Many of you have requested this recipe over years but eventually today's the day that I. This oxtail soup recipe is so simple and easy that I am a little embarrassed to even publish it. You can cook Ox Tail Soup using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ox Tail Soup
- You need of ox tails.
- It’s of onions, whole.
- You need of onions, chopped.
- It’s of garlic.
- Prepare of bay leaves.
- It’s of tomato soup.
- You need of barley (not "instant" barley").
- Prepare of carrots, peeled and sliced.
- It’s of celery, sliced.
- Prepare of large onions, diced.
- It’s of cooked spaetzle (see spaetzle recipe).
For a lot of Chinese families, dinner isn't complete without a soup to go with it. Slow Cooker Oxtail Soup – a hearty stew with rich broth and succulent tender meat that's comforting and perfect anytime of the year Cold and warm season. Oxtail Soup II. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Return the oxtail to the pan and pour in the stock.
Ox Tail Soup step by step
- In a large stock pot, add ox tails, then add water to cover the oxtails by an inch. Add whole onions, cloves of the garlic, and bay leaves. Bring to boil, cover and let simmer for 3 hours..
- Take out ox tails and refrigerate overnight. Discard whole onion and cloves of garlic from the broth. Refrigerate the broth and bay leaves separately from the ox tails overnight..
- Skim and remove the layer of fat from the broth. Trim fat from ox tails..
- In a large stock pot, add back in broth and ox tails. Add in tomato soup, bring to boil. Add barley. Cover and simmer for an hour..
- Add in carrots, celery, and onion. Let simmer for 15 minutes..
- Add in spaetzle. Remove bay leaves..
Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat to a gentle simmer. For the oxtail soup, we enjoyed it with cab. The Oxtail Soup recipe out of our category Broth! Pam Panyasiri served a version of this simple soup at her beloved restaurant, Pam Real Thai Food, in Midtown until it closed in. I created this recipe on the spur of the moment for a friend who was coming to visit.