Sig's German Oven Potato Cake. Great recipe for Sig's German Oven Potato Cake. I liked this as a child with proper bacon but have adapted this at times when I eat it by using a vegetarian type of bacon. Here however it is done for my family, with bacon.
See more ideas about Recipes, Food, Cooking recipes. For this Rumbledethumps recipe, you can use leftover mashed potato and swede (turnip in Scotland and also known as tatties and neeps) if you have some or cook from fresh. The beauty of the dish is it can be made the day before and heated up then all it needs alongside is a hearty stew , or if you prefer to eat it on its own, try it with a fried egg on top. You can have Sig's German Oven Potato Cake using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sig's German Oven Potato Cake
- Prepare of good flavourful mashing potato, of choice.
- Prepare of salt or salt substitute.
- You need of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare of plain flour.
- It’s of butter for greasing of spring form 26cm diameter.
- It’s of bacon of choice (I use vegetarian for myself).
- It’s of small onions or large shallots.
- You need of butter or margarine.
- It’s of gouda and/or edam cheese, or you can use any other cheese that melts well.
- It’s of sour cream.
- You need of small eggs.
See more ideas about Dessert recipes, Food, Delicious desserts. See more ideas about Cooking recipes, Recipes, Potato dishes. See more ideas about Air fryer recipes, Food recipes and Air fry recipes. See more ideas about Cooking, Food, Recipes.
Sig's German Oven Potato Cake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 200C°.
- Boil potatoes in skin in salted water for 20 minutes. Pour away the boiling water.Rinse under cold water and cool slightly. Carefully peel the potatoes..
- Leave the potatoes to cool further, then break them down into a mash, without adding anything.I use a potato ricer ot a blender for this..
- Mix the flour with the mashed up potatoes and make this into a dough of sorts. Season it with salt, pepper and nutmeg..
- Grease a 26 cm diameter spring form with the tablesppon of butter Then press the dough into the form creating a good edge..
- Keep a slice of bacon for each person aside, chop up the rest.Chop the onions finely. Saute both, then drain them on kitchen towel and sprinkle over the base of the potato in the spring form on the rest of butter..
- Grate or chop up the cheese of choice, you can use more than one variety..Mix with eggs and soured cream. I use a blender for this..
- Pour the cheese mixture over the bacon and onion pieces.
- Put the cake into your preheated oven. Bake in oven at 200 C° gas 3 for about 50 to 60 minutes, When it gets towards the end of cooking time cover the potato cake with foil so that it does not go to brown..
- Fry the rest of the bacon garnish the top of the cake with it to your liking. Serve hot or at room temperature, on its own or next to grilled lamb or other meats and salad.
See more ideas about Recipes, Food, Cooking recipes. Cut pumpkin in half and remove seeds. Place cut side down on a cookie sheet lined with lightly oiled aluminum foil. Served with dry egg noodles, Singapore style. Blend in flour, cream of tartar, soda, and salt.