German pretzels. I've made these homemade German pretzels several times over the years. This authentic German pretzel recipe is easy to make at home and you'll love them! German soft pretzels, called Brezeln or Brezen in Germany, are soft inside with a bread-like chewy texture and have a deep brown outside that comes from bathing in a lye or baking soda solution.
This is not an "authentic" german "Pretzel". First of all since it is written with a B and not a P and Thanks for sharing this pretzel dough recipe. I followed yours exactly, and used a warm lye solution. You can have German pretzels using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of German pretzels
- You need of whole milk.
- Prepare of yeast.
- You need of brown sugar.
- You need of butter.
- It’s of /4 cup flour.
- Prepare of baking soda.
- Prepare of /2cup warm water.
- It’s of melted butter.
- It’s of sugar.
SAVEUR Executive Food Editor demonstrates how to roll the perfect chewy and crusty pretzels at home, using a few simple techniques. Serve the golden-brown snacks with softened butter. Oktoberfest and Pretzels in Germany belong together like beer and wurst. The traditional german pretzel recipe has a very long tradition and can be complicated. but there is also an easy way to.
German pretzels step by step
- Prove the yeast with milk,sieve the flour in a bowl add the brown sugar,butter.
- Add the yeast,mix and transfer on the working surface and knead.
- Transfer the dough into a grease bowl to rest for about one hour,punch down the dough and turn it out into lightly flour surface.
- Divide the dough into two,cut into 8 pieces,role it.
- Twist the end,shape into pretzel shape.
- Allow it to rise for the second time deep them into baking soda water arrange on a baking tray.
- Arrange on a baking tray.
- Egg wash then sprinkle sesame seed.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
German Pretzels are called Brezeln in Germany and they are the thick and doughy kind made with coarse salt. They are the most delicious treats dipped in mustard and served with a good German. German Pretzels are popular all over the world. In German it is called Bretzel, Brezl, or Breze, in Bavaria/Austria Brezn, in Vienna Brezerl, in Swabia Bretzle. Come and get your German Pretzels today.