French silk pie. French Silk Pie. "I first made French Silk Pie when I was in high school, then, years later, I tinkered with the recipe until I was happy with it," says Lisa Francis of Elba, Alabama. This creamy and indulgent French silk pie combines my best flaky pie crust, smooth-as-silk chocolate filling, and fresh whipped cream on top. The first recipe for French silk pie is incomplete, that is why there is not enough filling for a full pie.
French Silk Pie is absolutely one of my favorite pies in all the land. For example, whenever we go to a restaurant and there is a French Silk Pie on the menu, I feel obliged to order it just for at least one. French Silk Pie is a creamy, chocolatey decadent dessert topped with homemade whipped cream and chocolate shavings. You can cook French silk pie using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of French silk pie
- You need 1 of deep dish pie shell.
- It’s 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of real butter, melted.
- It’s 2 of squares Nestlé unsweetened bakers chocolate, melted.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 of eggs, beaten well.
- You need 1 of Cool whip.
- Prepare 1 of chocolate bar…Hershey, etc..
There is no need to buy one pre-made after you give this recipe a shot! A creamy French silk pie that starts with my favorite pie crust, then loaded with a silky smooth and mousse-like chocolate filling and topped with fresh whipped cream. And the best part – no raw eggs! They make the BEST French Silk Pie, which is a rich and creamy chocolate cream pie.
French silk pie instructions
- Cream butter,sugar,until light & fluffy.
- Add melted chocolate.
- Add vanilla.
- Combine well..
- ONE AT A TIME: add eggs, beat 8 minutes after EACH EGG..
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Chill overnight.
- Add cool whip.
- Garnish with chocolate curls.
- CHOCOLATE CURLS: USING A POTATO PEELER, SHAVE A CHOCOLATE BAR..
Yes, they beat out Marie Callender's by a mile. I have been making this pie every Thanksgiving and Christmas since. French Silk Pie – chocolate lovers look no further for a pie to make this holiday season. This might just be one of the best pies you may ever eat! This French silk pie recipe is sophisticated and delicious.